Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

We are Never Experts

I am currently preparing for two classes on youth ministry. The first will be for our youth staff. We are going to be talking about connecting with students individually with their different personalities, interests, and spiritual journeys. Needless to say, this is no easy task.


Here are a couple resources that I am looking at: 
Connect by Jonathon McKee 



No Teenager Left Behind by Leneita Fix









The second class, and prior to the staff training, I am preparing will be called "What's Wrong with kids ADULTS these days?" As a youth pastor, I feel like many of my conversations start this way. So we will be leading a discussion WITH PANCAKES AND COFFEE on Sunday Febrauary 3rd *yes SuperBowl Sunday* about this topic.


Here are a couple more resources that I will be using: 

Hurt by Chap Clark *still the best standard for youth ministry and understanding teens* 



Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries.





There is always something to learn about ministering to youth. I certainly am no expert but I continue to lead conversations and press forward as the Holy Spirit leads.

If you are ever interested in any of these resources, let me know. Also, if you are ever interested in talking about youth ministry, your student, or any other way we can support you as the parent please let me know.

God Bless,
Paul Scholz / paul@hopecenter.cc

No comments:

Post a Comment